Guest blog from David Beers:
The North Country 2011 is a 50 mile trail ultra, 26.2 mile trail marathon and 13.1 mile trail marathon in Manistee, Michigan. We are going on the 12th year of the race and last year we reached our cap of 500 participants about 2 months prior to the August race date. This year we are tracking well over a cap sooner than that. 25 states were represented last year and with 9 aid stations, post race food including soups, burgers, veggie burgers, pastas and more it really is a great atmosphere. Already just a month after we opened registration we have over 15 states committed and groups approaching us and also registering. We would love to have your group come up as well and we are offering a $12.00 discount off each registration. Plus the race this year has the following items that are attracting runners from all over the country for the race on August 27th 2011:
· Chip timed trail race (all 3 events are timed with instant results available at the finish)
· 3 different color bibs to allow runners to know who is running which event
· Staggered event starts to allow for runners to not be bunched up together on the trails
· Moisture wicked race shirts for everyone who registers, along with draw string back packs and a race hat
· The 3rd largest medal in the US (over 5” inches and almost 2 lbs)
· Crystal trophies for overall and masters winners
· And more
If interested, email Mr. Beers or Andrew for the discount code and take $12 off your entry!
With a cap of 500 because it’s in the Manistee National Forest on the North Country Trail system it really makes it a great atmosphere with a bon fire, food, great friends and stories and fun times.
een="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480">